If you’re running a business, it’s easy to feel like employee management is all on you — especially if you’re an entrepreneur who owns the business alone, with no employees or managers to help delegate tasks or act as checkers to your work.
But, most importantly, it doesn’t have to be that way!
The best part, there are plenty of best employee management apps out there that can help with employee management and streamline your company’s daily operations, which will ultimately help your company become more productive and efficient in the long run.
Did you know?
In 2020, 16% percent of employers are now using technologies to monitor their employees frequently (Pulse). Plus, with a CAGR growth of almost 20%, the global time tracking market looks to get more prominent in the coming years. COVID-19 could affect this positive trend as well (Source: Financesonline).
But is it right? Here is what research says:
Using the right employee management app could save your company $8,000 a year and increase productivity by as much as 30% (TechRepublic)
However, if you’re still unsure or juggling with a question- whether or not you should invest in a top employee management software, here are some key benefits that will help you decide:
Benefits of Using Employee Management Apps
Time tracking software can help you better handle your company’s workflow, so you can see where time is being wasted and improve productivity.
A fully automated employee management system will track every employee’s time and work task, making it easy to identify who did — and didn’t do — their jobs.
Reduced payroll costs
By increasing productivity and streamlining processes, you can save on hours missed and fill-in work while still paying your employees the same amount.
So, which one is the best employee management software for your business? Well, here is a quick overview of the best team management apps available today that can help with this process.
However, before getting into the review, remember that these apps are not meant to replace an actual manager. They are simply designed to organize your business and run it smoothly. You or another designated manager will still do the real work. Now let’s discuss each app in detail:
10 Best Employee Management Apps You Can Choose
With Workstatus , users can easily log hours, invoice clients, manage payments, and create detailed timesheets. The app also allows users to see an overview of their income and expenses in one place, making it easy to stay on top of their finances.
Additionally, Workstatus offers integrations with popular project management and accounting software, allowing users to keep all of their data in one place. Workstatus also has various reporting tools to help users analyze their data and make better decisions for their business.
Workstatus is an ideal option for:
- Small to medium-sized businesses with employees and contractors
- Startups looking for a comprehensive HR, payroll, and international payroll all in one package
- Growing enterprises looking to expand their current business
- Freelancers looking to manage multiple clients
- Companies looking to save time and money managing payroll
What do Workstatus users have to say?
The 15Five app has a reputation as one of the top employee management tools for a good reason: it’s both affordable and effective.
No matter what size your business is, it can be challenging to stay on top of employee performance, and morale — these group management apps help you do just that. You and your employees will get regular reports about how well you’re performing; better yet, its interface is easy enough for anyone to use.
15Five is an ideal option for:
- Startups and growing companies
- Small businesses looking for a simple and affordable employee feedback app
- Managers who need to stay on top of employees’ performance
What do 15Five users have to say?
With Weekdone, you can see what tasks your employees need to complete and how much time is left until their next review. This employee task management app also tracks team productivity throughout the week.
It’s great for remote teams; you don’t have to be in an office to access it. It’s easy to communicate updates with your team on Weekdone or email; your whole company can take part in how efficiently (or not) things are getting done.
Weekdone is an ideal option for:
- Businesses with remote teams
- Small to medium-sized businesses looking for a sleek employee performance app
- Teams looking for a tool to keep track of productivity throughout the week
What do Weekdone users have to say?
Slack is an excellent app for staff management, especially for small teams. With its free tier, you get all of Slack’s essential tools: instant messaging, file sharing, and notifications for updates on shared content.
It also offers a full suite of third-party integrations that help you integrate your other apps for employees with Slack so you can access files, reports, and more directly from within Slack.
Thus, it is also known as one of the best employee communication apps.
Slack is an ideal option for:
- Startups looking for a simple, effective employee management system
- Freelancers and remote teams
- Growing businesses looking to expand their collaboration capabilities within the company
- Businesses looking to set up efficient communication between departments
- Anyone who wants a customizable employee management app with excellent third-party integrations
What Slack users say:
More than just a visual scheduling board, Trello is also an excellent app for collaboration. From simple checklists to complex project management, it’s flexible enough to meet any team’s needs.
The integrations with other platforms like Slack and Google Drive make it even more helpful; you can use Trello as your hub for all your team activities.
All of these features — and its free price tag — help make Trello a top pick for employee management apps.
Trello is an ideal option for:
- Startups, freelancers, and small businesses
- Startups interested in its best-in-class collaboration capabilities
- Managers looking to manage multiple projects at once
- Anyone who wants an intuitive app for keeping track of deadlines and due dates
- Anyone who wants to better collaborate with their team
What do Trello users have to say?
Check: Free Time Card Calculators
Work can get busy and hectic, especially if you’re responsible for managing a large group of employees. A good employee management app can keep your team running like a well-oiled machine and make your life easier too.
Skedulo is an online work management platform that lets you run things smoothly by creating tasks and assigning them to your team members. It’s an excellent way to let everybody know what they need to be doing and when they need to get it done.
Skedulo is an ideal option for:
- Freelancers looking for an easy way to organize their work
- Managers managing large teams
- Team leads responsible for delegating tasks to employees
- Employees who want a platform that makes it easier to complete assignments on time
What do Skedulo users have to say?
Learn More: How to keep track of time spent on a project
Kissflow is a project management app that helps businesses stay on top of their projects. It has everything you need to organize teams, manage tasks, and collaborate.
With Kissflow’s easy-to-use interface and straightforward design, creating projects takes only a few seconds — and once you’ve got one going, it’s super simple to start new ones or check in on how things are progressing.
Kissflow is an ideal option for:
- Businesses hoping to organize their projects better
- CEOs hoping to keep an eye on progress without micromanaging
- Anyone hoping to find a way to manage multiple projects at once efficiently
- Managers hoping to delegate tasks quickly and easily
- Small businesses looking for an affordable way to streamline workflow
What do Kissflow users have to say?
Read More: GPS Laws Compliance and Policy
8) Employee Navigator
If you’re not interested in a full-scale enterprise solution, consider Employee Navigator. This mobile app offers your employees a range of tools for staying on top of their work schedules and timesheets.
Employees can get real-time updates from their managers, view company directories and contact lists, locate printers and office equipment, get directions to any location on campus — all in one place.
It’s an ideal employee management tool for small businesses with limited resources to invest in enterprise software.
Employee Navigator is an ideal option for:
- Small businesses( Startups, SMEs) with limited resources to invest in enterprise software.
- Companies with employees in remote locations want to provide them access to internal resources.
- Employees need an easy way to access company directories, locate printers and office equipment and get directions around campus.
What do Employee Navigator users have to say?
9) Zoho Desk
Zoho Desk is one of the exciting employee management tools. It’s designed to keep your team organized and on task, using a range of different tools.
There’s an integrated CRM to make managing contacts easier; detailed time tracking; file-sharing; live video chat (great for giving instructions or advice); direct messaging (ideal for real-time communication); and much more. Zoho Desk has plans ranging from $20 to $40 per month, depending on your company size.
Zoho Desk is an ideal option for:
- Small businesses — looking for a low-cost, efficient way to organize their teams.
- Project managers are tasked with overseeing multiple projects at once.
- Businesses hoping to delegate tasks quickly and easily.
- Anyone who wants a platform that makes it easier to complete assignments on time.
What do Zoho Desk users have to say?
Know More: Outsourcing companies in IT Industry
Workday is a comprehensive solution for HR and enterprise applications. It offers a fully integrated set of business apps that can be used for any organization. You can efficiently manage human resources, payroll services, benefits administration, career management, and others from one place.
In addition to its mobile apps, Workday has a user-friendly web portal that you can use from anywhere on any device. Besides, it also offers an API to customize your needs and integrate with other software systems.
A workday is an ideal option for:
- Businesses, looking for a way to manage every aspect of HR and generate reports.
- Human resource managers and professionals who are looking to simplify their tasks.
- Any business that wants a way to track how many hours employees have put in is inefficient.
- Employees who want an easy way to access company benefits information.
What do Workday users have to say?
Nowadays, several best employee management Apps have unique functionalities that help employees, managers, and businesses alike.
So before you invest in expensive payroll software or human resource management system, try out these employee management Apps that work just as well but cost way less than the high-end software solutions. You can also share your experience with us on which app you’d like to try out first and how it is working for you.