Skills and performance are two key elements that decide the success and failure of your business. Business owners need to strive how to increase productivity. Strategize in such a way that you can make use of their working hours in the right direction.
As they have a limitation for a day, and tasks are endless. If you don’t want your working team to be less productive, do include the project management tools, project management software to manage collective sets of tasks.
With such tools and software, you cannot only assign the tasks properly, but it also becomes easy to track the completion and deadlines of the task.
Did you know?
- 37% of projects fail just because of the absence of clarity of project milestones.
- 57% of projects break down only because of improper communication among the team and their clients.
- 39% of projects fall because there is a shortage of resources, planning, and activities.
- 78% say their decision-making affects project requirements and thus unable to sync with the business aspects.
However, are you still striving for the best project management software or tool? Then, wait a while! I will knock down some free, paid, and fantastic software for project management that will make your work effortless.
Top Project Management Software List For Improved Scheduling And Planning
Being a manager of any Startup, SME, or well-established company, you don’t only have to handle a single project; however, multiple projects are aligned at a time. Sometimes, you might panic while juggling tasks, goals, and people around you. So, to ensure everything is in the right place and completed successfully, embrace the best project management tools at your workspace.
Nifty is an effortless project management program that flourishes versatile features – project tracking, task management, project management, and reviewing the meeting minutes.
Besides, it is designed to create project requirements and docs in one tool. The tool is packed with the most incredible features offering smart coverage to aggregate all your project requirements.
This all-in-one project tracking utility helps you monitor the time spent on a single project and estimate the finish line for each project. This implies that it will become easy to decide and decrease the time of worrying about, oh! I will lose the project. Ultimately, the efficiency and productivity of your employee will increase.
- Easy to set goals & timelines
- Prioritize Insights
- Task Dependencies
- Visualize, customize your work
- Recurring Tasks
- Milestone Dependencies
- Team Chat
- Cross-Project Overviews
- Team Workloads
- Time Tracking & Reporting
- Custom Fields
- Budget Tracking
- Starter: $39 per month
- Pro: $79 per month
- Business: $124 per month
- Enterprise: $549 per month
Wrike is a project management tool with essential, robust features that are most appropriate for managing multiple projects at a time. The tool lets you switch between tasks and helps you in managing them fastly.
It is a flexible software project management solution for any size team, whether you have a team of 10-20, 100-200, or even a single-handed person with several projects in hand. Some amazing features on Wrike’s dashboard, such as my overdue tasks, overdue, due this week, etc., make it easy for the managers to overview each project element in a single place.
Besides handling multiple jobs, as well as projects, it provides ease of making correct decisions. For feature-rich and easy-to-use tools, Wrike is always an excellent option for project management.
- Board view
- Task Management
- File sharing
- Real-time Activity Stream
- Spreadsheet view
- Desktop & mobile apps
- Cloud storage integrations (Google Drive, Dropbox, Box, MSFT Office 365, and OneDrive)
- Task & Subtask Management
- Gantt Chart
- Shareable dashboards
- Free: $0 user/ month
- Professional: $9.80 user/month
- Business: $24.80 user/month
- Enterprise: Comprehensive solution(Contact Wrike’s support team)
Invoicera is a project management and online invoicing software. It allows you to manage your entire cash flow and workflow through the same dashboard so that your entire process stays in sync. You can assign tasks, track time, monitor productivity, project milestones, client communications, payments, invoices, track payments, manage estimates, and project deliverables along with creating detailed reports to save them for analysis and future references.
If you’re looking for one software that fits well, then this is the choice for you.
Asana is one of the well-known Agile project management software, where you can track your projects, report on a single tab instead of shuffling around the spreadsheets, emails, etc. The tool can effortlessly track each phase of work done on each- from the starting day to the deadline.
As already discussed, it is Agile project tracker software in the market to implement Agile methodologies effectively. With a distinct set of features, it is a powerful element for backlog management and sprint planning.
The tool permits project managers to collaborate, track billable work hours, and screen project status. Also, it allows you to assemble a programmed workforce payroll and easily accessible invoices to clients.
- Attendance tracker.
- Get your regular productivity review.
- Build and save invoices for clients.
- Get active alerts if a customer views an invoice.
- Basic: US$0 Free forever
- Premium: US$10.99 per user, per month
- Business: US$24.99 per user, per month
- Enterprise: Let’s talk with Asana’s team
Workstatus is a time tracking and project management software. It monitors your employees’ activities in order to give you a precise view on how much time is your team taking to complete a task, collaborate, and ensure you meet deadlines. It gives you a detailed view on the exact spent of hours on projects, intensity, and loopholes (if any). This way you can have fair communication with clients and use time logs to invoice your clients. Detailed reports from Workstatus make your job fuss-free.
Freedcamp is a perfect blend of features to track and manage several projects in one go. This project management solutions help file and track bug sprints and reports. It is a robust software that delivers comprehensive details and product feedback under one roof. Thus, it becomes easy to prioritize your work and make changes quickly.
The Freedcamp records and manages campaigns, emails, creative requests, content calendar, events, product launches, etc. It even has a Kanban board that allows easy management of tasks by dragging them into completion columns.
Besides, the software lets you pay attention to splitting bigger tasks into tinier subtasks. Not only that, employees can hide some tasks from public knowledge, keeping their personal tasks private.
- Tasks and subtasks management
- Shared file management
- Discussion boards for centralized communication
- Easy to track all the underlying issues
- Calendar with Google integration
- Time tracking for billing clients
- Unlimited users, projects, and storage
- Team milestones to set project goals
- Support response within three business days
- Project portfolio management software
- Marketing project management software
- FREE: $ 0
- MINIMALIST: $ 1.49 per user/month
- BUSINESS: $ 7.49 per user/month
- ENTERPRISE: $ 16.99 per user/month
Trello is a commonly used project management method, which is quite easy to operate. Here, you can plan, discuss and succeed to achieve the goal of your project. It formulates every job your team requires to complete any project successfully.
You can overview your due project, so it is easy to finish it on time. Moreover, you can distribute bigger projects into sub-tasks and have time records of each chunk. Besides, you can create tasks, events, milestones, and much more.
- Advanced Checklists
- Priority Support
- 2-Factor Authentication
- Advanced Admin Permissions
- Domain-Restricted Invites
- Deactivate Members
- Google Apps Sign-on
- Simple Data Export
- SAML SSO via Atlassian Access
- Power-Up Administration
- Attachment Restrictions
- Organization-Wide Permissions
- Organization Visible Boards
- Public Board Management
- Free: $0 per user/ per month
- Business Class: $999 per user/ per month
- Enterprise: $1750 per user/ per month
Basecamp not only allows you to track the project’s productivity but even allows your employees to have a faster transition to remote working. This app works on multiple devices; hence, you can manage your employees no matter which device they are using and where they are.
With this on-the-go managing tool, you can organize everything in one place, the amount of time your team commits to a particular task, and how efficient they are working together.
- Create to-do lists for all the work.
- Follow up on overdue tasks.
- Message Boards
- Dated to-dos scheduling of the work.
- Documents & File Storage
If you have an incredible array of big projects coming, ProofHub is the perfect solution for you. With ProofHub, you can flexibly manage time against your aligned projects.
Some features of ProofHub can be customized based on your project’s needs, particularly budget and user permissions. The tool automatically informs you if you have exceeded budget, your schedule, or running out of time. The best part, if you have any recurring tasks, ProofHub even lets you use its flat-rate pricing on the same timeline and budget frequently.
It allows you ultimate control over projects and teams. You can manage the timely delivery of a project with every entry on the timesheet for accountability. It is easy to learn and an easy to use product for every project manager. You don’t have to pay a fee based on per user; instead, it has a fixed price plan.
- Custom roles
- White labeling
- Custom workflows
- Network control
- Manage trashed items
- API access for data transport
- Project and resource reports
- Advanced activity logs
- Account transfer tool
- Priority support
- Data export
- ULTIMATE CONTROL: $89 /month billed annually and $99/m billed monthly
- ESSENTIAL: $45 /month billed annually and $50/m billed monthly
nTask is an effortless project planning software that not merely helps you plan the task time but specific programs to collaborate everything seamlessly. It permits you to be in the loop and prioritize the task with an easy understanding of the learning curve.
The tool measures your team productivity and has a generous flow of breaking the bigger task into subtasks. It automatically alerts you with the completion or due in the project part based on a pre-prepared plan. Besides, with nTask, you can organize your task goals and have useful traits in whatever solution you land.
- Unlimited Tasks
- Issues Tracking
- Kanban (Coming Soon)
- Bulk Actions
- Custom Filters
- Save Custom Filters
- Risk Management
- Custom Roles & Permissions
- Advanced Reporting & Integration (coming soon)
- Basic: Free
- Premium: $2.99 per month, per user
- Business: $7.99 per month, per user
- Enterprise: On-Demand Custom
11. Teamwork Projects
Teamwork Projects is another project management solution and monitoring tool that permits you to arrange your time assumptions on every individual or project task.
It is a powerful tool to manage the development of a project. With some intuitive and flexible features such as Milestones management, task management file storage, messaging time tracking tools, Teamwork allows proper visualization of the projects.
- Board View
- Task templates
- Project templates
- Calendar view
- Project owner and updates
- Time tracking
- Billing and Invoicing
- Project tags
- Free: $0
- ProPopular: $10 / user / month, billed annually and $12.5, billed monthly
- Premium: $18 / user / month, billed annually and $22.5, billed monthly
- Enterprise: Contact the Teamwork’s team
12. Zoho Projects
Zoho Projects is an intuitive project planning and managing solution that efficiently tracks particular people and projects. It allows easy completion of their projects within the deadlines.
The tool merely manages time with a clean and straightforward interface. It is rich with incredible features such as Project Planning, Gantt Charts, Reporting Tools, Collaboration tool, Document Management, and much more.
- Task Management
- Team Collaboration
- Time Management
- Charts and Reports
- User Administration
- Zoho Integrations
- Integrations & Add-ons
- Apps and Devices
- STANDARD: ₹210/user/month
- EXPRESS: ₹280/user/month
- PREMIUM: ₹350/user/month
- ENTERPRISE: ₹420/user/month
That is the end of today’s list of the best project management tools. Although there are too many, these are merely used in the corporate world. If you want to enhance your profitability, make sure to bookmark, use these planning and managing tools right away.
Q1. What are the different types of free project management software?
A1: Some of the useful and free project management software are as following:
- nTask Manager.
Q2.What are the key benefits of project management software?
A2: Some of the key features and benefits of project management software are:
- Planning and scheduling
- Resource management
Q3. What are the advantages of using project management software in an organization?
A3: There are several advantages of using project management tools and software in any organization, some of them are:
- Effortless project planning.
- Balanced resource management
- Pipeline forecasting
- Improved team collaboration
- Real-time project budget management
- Solid up-to-the-minute reporting
- Effective internal & external communication
- Enhanced customer satisfaction