A few days back, Google announced YouTube’s new feature called ‘YouTube Shorts’. They have launched an early beta of YouTube Shorts in India first. This adds up feature will allow users to create fun, entertaining, or informative short videos from their YouTube mobile app.
The introduction of a new handful of camera tools allows you to record and edit 15-second or fewer videos. You can even add audio effects, and creativity to your videos just like the TikTok app.
However, the early launch of Shorts in India is just to test the creation of new tools. But they will expand the release of new features to more countries in the coming few months. As they said, ‘we learn from the feedback’, so we can expect the addition of more features to the Shorts.
How Did YouTube Shorts Work?
In addition, your followers can easily discover the short videos on your channel. They have provided a particular shelf for the short-form video. Viewers can experience this by tapping into the new self. So, increase your community through this new entertaining space on Youtube. It is going to offer you the chance to become a creator and reach new audiences on a global stage.
As per the announcement, the new updates on creating and sharing videos on YouTube, let’s check how actually it works.
How to Create Videos on YouTube Shorts?
As we have already discussed, this is only available for Indian users and yet to come to other countries in the coming months. So, do all Indian users have access to this handy camera tool?
The answer is ‘No’, only a few of them have access to the Shorts camera. Currently, it is only available for a few Android users and expected to be on iOS phones soon.
Now let’s see how we can create short videos right on the YouTube app.
Source: YouTube Official Blog
Firstly, check whether you have access or not. If you have access, then you can start creating your ‘Shorts on YouTube just like Reels on Instagram or videos on TikTok’,
- On YouTube’s video creation tools, click on the “+” icon.
- Select ‘Video’. If it appears ‘Create a short video’ then you have access. Now you can easily upload your creativity any time of your choice.
Notes: Your shelf has the capacity to show the only length of up to 60 seconds. So, while uploading content make sure to add each short of time up to 15 seconds.
Further, there are a variety of creative editing tools on your screen to assist you in creating your clips, including:
- Audio: Pick any song of your choice from the vast music library. You can also try your own music by simply recording a chip of audio on your phone. However, using YouTube songs is absolutely free.
- Set Timer: For the hands-free recordings, you can set the timer for your clips. Once you hit on the recording button, you’ll notice automatic countdown begins like. a 3-2-1. And, even gets automatically stopped for the fraction of time you selected.
- AR Effects: There are a variety of AR effects options available on the app. You can select any of them while recording your clips. These effects will add extra value to the clips.
- Speed: With shorts tools, you can adjust the speed portion of the video or audio you choose. Which means you can easily speed up or even slow down the clip recordings. This can help you keep up with all the beats or prepare slow-motion videos.
Shorts can be uploaded in a vertical series holding up single or multiple clips. You can record your first clip by simply pressing and holding the camera button. After you press the button, you’ll find the recording is on at the top of the screen as you record. So, whenever you feel to stop recording, you can easily do it after watching the indicator.
YouTube Shorts provides people with new doors to express themselves for what they love and enjoy. It encourages anyone with the yearning of becoming a creator or artist to take the center stage. However, the concept is similar to the TikTok app but the motto is the same.
After the ban of TikTok in India, it is a great opportunity for YouTubers’ to showcase their skills again in the best way.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1- How to upload videos on YouTube Shorts?
A1- The uploading of videos to YouTube is very easy. Follow the steps given below to upload your videos from your mobile.
- Firstly, you need to have a YouTube Android app.
- Next, you have ‘Sign in’ or ‘login’ to your YouTube channel.
- When you are signed in, you can see a camera icon on the top, just hit the camera icon.
- Here you have two options: either you can record a new video or else go for the existing video that is already present in your gallery.
- Put a title consisting of characters up to 100. Whereas, the descriptions, you can add 5,000 characters for your video.
- You can use additional features for enhancements but they are completely optional.
- Select a filter to your video.
- Crop your video by adjusting the edges present in the white box beneath your video.
- Finally, click on the ‘Next’ button to upload your video.
- For further process, go to studio.youtube.com to define your video’s audience setting. And, you need to give information that your content is made for kids or not as per the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA).
- Moreover, without your permission, they never publish your content.
Q2- How would the viewers discover my Shorts?
A2- There are different ways by which your content is delivered to the viewers. Your viewers might find your Shorts in the following ways:
- Checking the Shorts shelf on the YouTube homepage.
- Choosing the “What to Watch Next” module.
- Reviewing their Subscription feeds.
Note: If you want to be seen on Shorts self, add a hashtag(#Shorts) in the video’s title or description.
Q3- What is a process to add music to my Shorts?
A3- While recording your short video using YouTube’s video creation tools, hit ‘Add Music’ present at the top of the screen. Select the tracks of your choice, these songs are completely free to use.